EVERYONE HAS A UNIQUE STORY TO TELL. WHAT’S YOURS?
On this site we share reflections, news, and experiences from people of all walks of life who have struggled and made progress to atone, as well as to forgive themselves and others for actions that have done damage. We believe that these insightful stories will not only inspire others to share their own encouraging stories, wisdom and news, but will inspire new acts of forgiveness and atonement as well. We invite you to share your own unique story or reflections of forgiveness, atonement, and/or reconciliation. Use this form below to submit your story!
IDEAS FOR INSPIRATION:
Here are a few questions to help to get you started writing your own story. For additional ideas and inspiration, explore our new book, Beyond Forgiveness: Reflections on Atonement, or check out other stories on this site.
- What mistakes have you made? Are there amends still to be made?
- Did someone do you wrong? Is there forgiveness that needs to happen? Have you forgiven someone? Tell us the story.
- Have you done something you regret? If you could have done it differently, what would you do?
- Many movies, songs, plays, and artworks feature themes of forgiveness and atonement. Share one that has moved you.
- Do you have a favorite quote or reflection on forgiveness? Pass along few words of wisdom or advice.
By sharing your own unique reflections and viewpoints you are participating in an ancient form of personal and collective healing. Whether you are active in the restorative justice movement, a returned veteran, a recovery counselor, a nonviolence activist, a member of the clergy, someone who has been hurt, or someone who has made or learned from a mistake—we value your contribution! Thank you for your courage!
STORY SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- Submissions must be your own original work of prose or poetry, reporting, artwork, photography, or video.
- Written submissions should be between 50 – 1,000 words, and we prefer that artwork and photography files include descriptive text.
- Images must be submitted as .jpg files with a minimum resolution of 72 dpi (300 dpi preferred).
- Video stories may be shared by providing a link from YouTube. Our site editors will embed the video in your story.
WHY SHARE STORIES?
Stories are the oldest known form of healing, a universal response to conflicts that threaten to bring life to a standstill. To share one’s story is the beginning of a journey to the end of isolation—the first step on the path toward forgiveness, atonement and reconciliation. The stories on this site provide an introduction to the “ancient future” of making amends, a merging of indigenous notions of restorative justice and innovative modern thinking about new ways to move beyond revenge, and beyond forgiveness, to a new understanding.
Questions? Need more information? Send us an e-mail: email@example.com